Hemkunt Sahib is a pilgrimage site in Chamoli district, Uttarakhand, India. With a setting of a glaciar lake surround ed by seven mountain peaks and each peak is adorned by a Nishan Sahib on its cliff, it is located in the Himalaya Mountains at an elevation of 4632 meters (15,200 ft). Gurudwara Hemkunt in the Himalayas is also regarded as one of the holiest places of the Sikhs. It was there that Sri Guru Gobind Singh the tenth and last Guru of the Sikhs is reported to have meditated in his previous life.
Mach Air India has designed a same day Hemkunt Sahib Yatra by Helicopter itinerary for pilgrims making the journey accessible and enjoyable. Airlifting the guests from Sahstradhara Heliport in Dehradun by helicopters. The guests are taken up to Ghangaria, the last point till which helicopters have permission to fly. From here, the pilgrims have the options of palki or ponies to negotiate the next 6 kms of trek, going up approximately 1200 meters to Sri Hemkunt Sahib. Once the guests return to Ghangaria, they are once again heli- lifted back to Sahstradhara.
6:30:00 AM - Departure from Sahastradhara, Dehradun
7:30:00 AM - Arrive at Ghangaria helipad.
On arrival proceed to Hemkunt Sahib. A 1,100 metre ( 3600 ft) climb on a 6 kilometer of stone paved path leads to Hemkunt. (Devotees are advised to take Ponies from Gangharia at their own cost). After the Darshans, come back to Ghangaria by 03:00 PM
2:00:00 PM - Departure from Ghangaria for Sahastradhara
3:00:00 PM - Arrive at Sahastradhara, Dehradun
- Cost of helicopter for Hemkunt Sahib Yatra
- Cost of pony from Ghangaria – Hemkunt – Ghangaria
- Assistance in darshan at both temples.
- Any special puja charges will have to be paid directly by passengers.
- Any special puja charges, tips, porter charges & any services of personal nature...
GUIDELINES FOR PASSENGERS
- Carrying of AADHAR CARD is must for all Indians whereas passport is required in case for foriegn national.
- Mention your correct weight at the time of booking since we shall not allow boarding in case it exceeds comprehensively.
- There is very limited space for luggage in the chopper, only 5 kg luggage per passenger will be permitted. Passengers bringing excess baggage would not be allowed to take the same in the chopper.
- Passengers should carry only handbags as suitcases cannot be kept in the helicopter.
- All temples at Dhams are located in high altitude areas. Passengers are advised to carry regular medical kit & woolen clothes.
- Children above the age of 2 years will be considered full ticket and birth certificate will be required at time of booking &here is no provision of concession to children or senior citizens
- Lodging & boarding charges on the day of arrival at Dehradun does not include in the package.
- The booking has to be done in advance with a deposit of 50% of the charter amount & full payment to be made 30 days prior departure.
- Mach Air India reserves the right to postpone the timings & can shuffle flying schedule subjected to weather conditions & any extra night stay cost due to bad weather will be borne by client itself.
- Our company shall not be liable for any medical emergency on the ground to the party, thus advised guests to get the fitness certificate from doctor to travel to the high altitude sector.
- No or delayed flying are subject to many factors like delayed clearance from Airforce & Civil aviation, VVIP movements, valley flying by Indian Air Force ( NOTAM), bad weather conditions, sudden development of technical snag in helicopter, illness of flying crew & delayed positioning of the guests at the helipads
- Every person beyond 80 Kg shall pay Rs. 150/- per person for shuttle at Govindghat to Ghangaria on direct payment basis.
- We shall refund the proportionate money calculated on missed flying time & other services in case guests are unable to visit any of the dham due to bad weather situation or any reason beyond our control.
- Programme can be change or shuffle at any point of time without prior notice.
- Any donations, tips, pitthu & porter charges shall be borne by the guests only.
- Damages of any kind caused to the party due to natural causes during the tour shall not be compensated by us and all legal disputes are to be settled within jurisdiction of Delhi-NCR
If passengers wish to cancel their booking then they will have to pay following cancellation charges:
- Upto 30 days before Journey — 30% of amount
- Upto 20 days before Journey — 50% of amount
- Upto 10 days before Journey —- No Refund