(Guaranteed Fixed Departure Dates on 2016)
Location: Tibet, Asia
Mt. Kailash (6714m) is the most sacred mountain in Asia. It is believed to be the physical embodiment of the mythical Mt Meru, said to be the center of the universe or ‘navel of the world’ . Mt. Meru is depicted as a mandala, and its image occurs throughout both Buddhista and Hindu parts of Asia. Mt Kailas is holy to followers of four religions. To Hindus, Kailash is the abode of Shiva and nearby Manasarobar Lake is the means or soul of Brahma. Tibetans call Kailas Kang Rimpoche. Jains worship it as Mt Ashtapada, the peak from which the religion’s founder, Rishabanatha, achieved spiritual liberation. Followers of Bon-Po, the ancient pre- Buddhist shamanistic religion of Tibet, revere Kailas as the soul of Tibet. Mt. Kailash has long been an object of worship for four Major religious, for Hindu, it is domain of Shiva, It is also the abode of samvara-a multiarmed, wrathful deity worshipped in the chakrasamvara Tantric cycle of Tibetrian Buddhism. The joins of India also reverse the mountain as the site at which the first of their saints emancipated. And in the ancient Bon religion of Tibet, Kailash was the secred nine storeys Swastika Mountain, upon which the Banpo founder Shenrab alighted from haven. The 53 Km. Kailash circuit is the holist of all-Hindu as well as Buddist pilgrimages and the beacon, which draws most traveller to western Tibet. It is said that a single Parikarma erases the accumulated sins of a lifetime, while 108 cicurmbulation will achieve Salvation.
Lake Mansarovar: At an elevation of 4510m, is more important to Hindus than to Buddhists. Hindu pilgrims make an 85km. circuit around Manasarovar that is made longer and more difficult by marshes and complicated stream crossings. The Tibetans, being more pragmatic, often make a circuit of the lake in the winter when the streams are frozen and the route is shorter. Near Manasarovar is another large lake, Rakshas Tal, the ‘Demon Lake’ that holds far less spiritual significance.
Sprawling below Mount Kailash is the sacred lake Manasarovar (4510m), where ritual bath will deliver a pilgrim to brahm's paradise and drink of its water relinquishes the sins of a hundred lifetimes.
Itinerary: Kailash Mansarovar Yatra by Overland - 13 Days
Day 01: Katmandu (1300 mts.) Arrival, our representative will meet at the airport and escort to the Hotel, Program briefing at the evening, dinner, overnight stay in Katmandu.
Day 02: Katmandu - Early morning optional Himalayan mountain flight tour. After breakfast start to Katmandu sightseeing including Pashupatinath and Budha Nikanth Darshan, back to hotel and rest of the day is free for shopping and packing, overnight stay in Katmandu.
Day 03: Katmandu to Nyalam (3700 mts. - 160kms.) - This is the first day of the Yatra. Very early with pack breakfast depart from Katmandu to China border by reserved tourist coach. It takes about 05 hours. Our agent will complete custom formalities and check into Tibet - an autonomous part of China. After lunch drive to a small Tibetan town called Nyalam. Overnight stay at Guest House. Breakfast and dinner in camp side and packed lunch will be provided prepare by our escorts.
Day 04: Nyalam Full day acclimatization - Full day free for excursion of Nyalam city.
Day 05: Nyalam to Dongba/ Paryang (4500mts. - 375kms) - After breakfast drive from Nylam to Dongba for about 08:00 hours. Overnight stay at Guesthouse.
Day 06: Dongba/Paryang (4500mts. - 335kms) to Mansarovar - After breakfast drive from Dongba to Mansarovar 07:00 hours. Conducting Mansarovar Parikrama by vehicle. This is the first day stay at the bank of the Manasarovar Lake. This is the first day stay at the bank of the Manasarovar Lake, Overnight stay at Guesthouse.
Day 07: Mansarovar to Darchen (4600mts. - 110kms.) - We will choose the special point to take dip in Manasarovar Lake and conducting Pooja, hawan and spiritual activities according to your tradition. Drive around 2.30 hrs to Darchen and overnight stay at Guesthouse. Astapad excursion can be done at extra cost.
Day 08: Darchen to Diraphuk (4890mts. - 12kms.) - This is the first day of Kailash Parikrama. We should start our journey after breakfast as early as possible. This day we drive up to yumdwari and start walking continuously for about 6 to 7 hours. Horse can be hired at extra cost those who cannot walk. Yak will carry the kitchen untensils and equipment. Overnight stay at mud house or tent on the basis of availability.
Day 09: Diraphuk to Zhulthulphuk (4790mts. - 22kms.) - This day is bit complex journey and we have to pass Dolma-La Pass, which is 5400 meter in hight, The weather is unpredictable in Doma-la Pass and at any time snowstorm can fall. So we try to start our journey as early as possible. In route we can have Darshan of Gaurikund but it is very difficult to go and touch. Overnight stay at mud house or tent on the basis of availability.
Day 10: Zhulthulphuk to Paryang - We will Trek down to Darchen, catch our vehicle and Drive to Mansarovar fill up spiritual jaal, later our tour starts back for Kathmandu following the same route and same system applies for all subjects of our accommodation and meal Overnight stay at guesthouse in Paryang.
Day 11: Paryang to Nyalam - Drive back to Nyalam, which is the last stay in Tibet part.
Day 12: Nyalam to Katmandu - After custom formalities we will be picked up by Nepal side and continue drive to Kathmandu for about 05.00 hours and check in at Hotel.
Day 13: Morning check out hotel, transfer to airport, catch flight for next Destination.
Options for early departure or you use your extra day for Himalayan mountain flight, Manakamana road trip, or Muktinath tour. (Contact Samrat Tours & Travels for more information about option day trip at additional cost) .
Kailash Manasarovar Yatra by Overland - 13 Days
Fixed Departure Dates by Overland
|May||04, 13, 18, 25|
|June||01, 08, 15 (Full moon trip), 22, 29|
|July||06, 11 (Full moon trip), 14 (Full moon trip), 20, 27|
|August||03, 10 (Full moon trip), 17 (Outer & Inner Kora trip), 24, 31|
- Highlighted dates are full moon trip to Kailash Mansarovar Yatra.
- The Yatris for Lhasa - Kailash Tour should arrive in Kathmandu, 01 Day earlier than above mentioned date.
- Tibet entry date is 3rd day of Kathmandu arrival.
Cost on Per Person Basis
|13 Days Package by Deluxe Bus Safari||
INR 117777.00 for Indian passport holder
|Upgrade 5 star hotel on twin sharing basis.||
INR 5500.00 Per person
|Extra days in Kathmandu on 3 star hotel (If 5 star Hotel, Cost will be extra.)||
INR 2500.00 Per person
INR 7500.00 Per person
|INR 2500.00 Per person|
Additional USD 300 will be applicable if the Tibetan government applies the rule of 17 tourists per bus in Tibet side.
ESTIMATE FOR ADDITIONAL ACTIVITIES
- Horse for personal ride on kora days is approx USD 350.00
- Extra ride for day trip to Astapad USD 55.00 per person
- Extra day in Kathmandu USD 45.00 for with 2 meals and accommodations.
- USD 55.00 for Manakamana day trip including both way cable car tickets and transportation.
- Muktinath and Manakamana day trip USD 555.00 per person including two nights in Pokhara, one night Jomsom round trip flight with meal, transport.
- Arrival & departure transportation
- Sightseeing tour of Pashupatinath and Budhanilkantha.
- 3 nights 3 star hotel at Kathmandu on twin sharing basis with all meals
- Transfer to Kodari by tourist bus
- Tibet side: accommodation in decent hotel/tents
- While camping we provide two-man tents, mattresses, sleeping bag & camping equipments like dining & toilet tents
- Pure vegetarian meals prepare by our escort.
- A/C Luxury Coach/
- English speaking Tibetan guide
- Nepali tour leader
- Gamow bag, oxygen, basic first-aid kit.
- Kailash permit & normal Tibet/China visa fee.
- Kodari land tax.
- Airfares from Home - Kathmandu - Home
- All beverages, Photography charges and Telephone calls
- Travel Insurance of clients
- Emergency evacuation expenses.
- Riding Yak/Horse for Kailash Parikrama (direct payable to Yak/horse herder)
- Extra cost in the event of landslide for hiring additional transportation
- Expenses of personal urgent visa fee etc & Services other than specified
MODEL OF PAYMENTS
- 20 days prior to tour departure date, 100% of the total cost should reach Samrat Tours & Travels Pvt. Ltd account by telex transfer with the copy of passport of client.
TOUR CANCELLATION POLICY
- All notice of cancellation must be sent to our office in written. Verbal cancellations will not be entertained.
- 20 days before trip departure 10% of total trip cost.
- 15 days before trip departure 50% of total trip cost.
- 10 days before trip departure 90% of total trip cost.
- 07 days and less departure 100% of total trip cost.
IMPORTANT PRE-DEPARTURE INFORMATION:
Casual wears and comfortable walking shoes are recommended to travel to Tibet. Be sure to bring warm clothing as nights and early mornings can be quite chilly to downright cold. Indian woman Pilgrims strictly advisable no Sari. Bring all the film, medicine, cosmetics, personal toilet items etc. that you will need from home as these are difficult if not impossible to obtain on the way. A small first aid kit is also a good idea. Also quite useful to have a route map, to know where you are going and have been each day.
What to take:
Winter wear: Gore-Tex material though expensive is highly recommended. Down jacket, raincoat or windbreakers, thermal under wears, Jackets, warm trousers & woolen shirts (cotton will also do), warm sweaters, woolen gloves, sun hat, sun glass, comfortable shoes, light leather boots in case of snow, woolen balaclava ('monkey cap') & scarf/dust mask to protect your eyes & nose from dust.
Bring with you:
Snacks along the way. Chocolates, dry fruit, toffees, glucose; 'namkeen' etc. Strong water bottle & water purifying tablets. Personal medical kit and Diamox tablet (for high altitude). Sun glasses (to protect your eyes from UV, which is especially strong in high altitudes). Sun block or sun screen lotion, wet tissues (Fresh-ones are excellent to wipe off the dust), clothes-line/clips, needle & thread, deo-spray (handy for smelly boots/feet and for a round of spray in the toilet tent!), toilet paper, torch & spare batteries, daypack (small shoulder bag), Camera & films, Binocular.
This is one of the toughest high altitude road journeys on earth. You Must be physically fit - no two ways about that. Generally patients with asthma & heart problems have a problem acclimatizing to high altitudes. In your interests it is essential you should be examined by your doctor to know about your health condition and your ability to cope up with the rigors of high altitude travel for days in 'no road' conditions, extreme cold, dust, trekking to an altitude of 19500ft during the Parikrama, etc.
As you are traveling over high terrain, you are likely to experience symptoms and discomfort of altitude sickness (headache, loss of appetite, nausea, exhaustion, sleeplessness, breathlessness etc.) until your body adjusts to the elevation. This can take a couple of days or more depending on an individual. For this reason alone, we have made it mandatory to stay 2 nights at Nylam (12000ft) before moving on to the higher altitudes. Drink plenty of water, be calm, and do not exercise. Do not drink alcohol or smoke prior to and during the tour. We also recommend you carry a strip of diamox tablets. Do consult your physician on the dosage. We provide Gamow bag (a special equipment to prevent sickness from high altitude) on this tour.
The unit of Chinese currency is Yuan. USD 1 = 6.00 Yuan. 1 Yuan = INR 10.00 approx, Money can exchange at Bank of China at Zhangmu or from the locals at Zhangmu or Kodari. Exchange all your remaining Yuan at the end of the trip at Zhangmu itself before re-entering Nepal.
Risks & Liability:
Samrat Tours & Travels Pvt. Ltd and its associates will put every effort to make your journey smooth and pleasant. However, all the tours in Tibet are conduct strictly under the rules & regulation of Tibet Tourism Bureau (TTB). Therefore, Samrat Tours & Travels Pvt. Ltd and its counterpart shall not be responsible for any change and alteration in the program due to unavoidable circumstances such as landslide, road blockage, flood, snow, political unrest, cancellation of flight, delay arrival, delay issue of permit and visa, sickness or accidents. Any extra cost incurred thereof shall be borne by the clients on the spot.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Our group size is minimum 25 pax in group joining basis and minimum 5 pax in pravet tour basis. No limitation for maximum group size..
- Tibet is Autonomous region of China. So you will not get the special permit and Visa for Tibet directly In your country. You have to proceed for permit and Visa for Tibet through our Agency.
- We must receive scan copy of your passport at least 35 days prior to arrival in gateway cities (Kathmandu or Lhasa). Passport must be same as scan copy and valid for more than 6 months.
- We request to dispatch the original passport at our delhi office for indian passport holders 15 days prior to arrive in Kathmandu and other than indian passport holders must spend at least 2 nights in Kathmandu to issue Tibet visa. They will also require to bring 2 passport size photos. We shall send client "Chinese embassy visa form" well in advance to be fill up by each client which can either sent to us by email or can be collected upon arrival.
- Those who entry Lhasa from mainland China are requested to obtain Chinese visa in their home country and we will organize Tibet permit and handover it through our agent in Lhasa.
- Chinese visa will be valid for China mainland only, do not bring Chinese visa if you are entering Tibet from Kathmandu.If you obtained Chinese visa the chinese ambassy will cancel mainland visa during your journey to Tibet.
- We supply detail information and briefing upon arrival.
- Indian Rupees are not accepted in Tibet. We will assist to exchange the amount to Yuan (Chinese Currency) for you upon your arrival in Kathmandu.
- The official Chinese currency used by the Tibetans is circulated in denominations (notes) of 1,2,5,10,100 Yuan. 1 Yuan is equivalent to approximately INR 11. It is advisable to carry Chinese Yuan to avoid unhealthy rates and futile bargaining at the Kodari Border or at Zhangmu.
- The unit of Chinese currency is Yuan. USD 1 = 6.00 Yuan. Exchange all your remaining Yuan at the end of the trip at Zhangmu itself before re-entering Nepal.
- Important Note: Carring INR 1000 & INR 500 denomanation are limited up to INR 25,000 in Nepal according to the rule of NRB.Indian Passport & Election (Voter) ID card are only the valid Identification proof to entry Nepal by air. other valid ID proof are also accepted to entry Nepal by overland.
- Outer kora means parikrama of Kailash Parvat in 3 days. The regular Overland and Helicopter trips are actually only outer kora which is easy to complete. Inner kora means parikrama of Nandi Parvat and visit tirtha puri, saptarishi cave including kailash parbat. However it is more challenging and adventures than outer kora.
- Samrat Tours & Travels Pvt. Ltd and its associates will put every effort to make your journey smooth and pleasant. However, all the tours in Tibet are conduct strictly under the rules & regulation of Tibet Tourism Bureau (TTB). Therefore, Its counterpart shall not be responsible for any change and alteration in the program due to unavoidable circumstances such as landslide, road blockage, flood, snow fall, political unrest, cancellation of flight, delay arrival, delay issue of permit and visa, sickness or accidents. Any extra cost incurred thereof shall be borne by the clients on the spot.
- CIPSC (China Indian Pilgrims’ Service Center) has an athority to handle travel arrangements & fix rates for the Indian pilgrims in Tibet side.
- We provide AC Deluxe Coach for Airport pickup drop and sightseeing in Kathmandu.
- We could provide standard non AC Tourist Coach for Kathmandu to Kodari Boarder and VV due to road condtion..
- We provide Kathmandu - Nepalganj - Simikot and return by fixed wing and Simikot - Hillsa and return by charter helicopter for heli kailash yatra.
- We provide AC Deluxe Coach for the entire journey of Tibet.
- We also provide supporting Truck to carry luggage and equipments.
- We provide one escorting Jeep during entire journey of Tibet.
- Jeep or Van can be provided at extra cost
Please use any of following Bank accounts for your convenience.
Telegraphic transfer to Samrat Tours and Travels Pvt. Ltd.
- Please ask your bank to advise payment to either Bank by authenticated Tested Telex message. Use one of the bank above with correct company address.
- During transfer, the transfer service charges are sender's responsibility, please make sure we could receive the actual amount invoiced with your bank.
- TO ENSURE YOUR TRANSFER ACCURACY, Any inefficient or inaccurate transfer may delay the reservation procedures. Deposit are required to guarantee at time of reservation.
- To avoide high transfer service charges, you can made payments by Credit Card (we accept all credit cards) at anytime.
- Sleeping Bag down with inside extra cove
- Down Jacket, Polar fleece, Light quilted.
- Pure wool and thick cotton socks
- Thermal underwear (Inner-full fitting) wool or mixed combination.
- Wool pullovers-polo neck, Flannel shirts.
- Warm light gloves, Snowcap(with ear covering)
- Wool monkey cap, Sun hats & scarves.
- Comfortable Trekking boots and Sandals
- Sun / Snow glasses
- Towels-including small hand towel.
- Hot water bottle.
- Light Trek bag (for camera, and very essential things.) and duffel bag to keep your personal belongings.
- Rain coat with hood.
- Ladies can select other clothing materials as per her interest.
- Torch with spare cells & bulbs
- Video camera: - as per the interest.
- Plastic mug/whistle.
- Swiss knife ( multi purpose)
- First aid box / personal medicine
- Walking stick
|For more information:-||ONLINE BOOKING||INQUIRY||TELL YOUR FRIENDS|
- Fixed Departure Date
- Lhasa with Kailash Mansarovar Yatra by Flight
- Kailash Yatra by Helicopter
- Kailash Yatra by Helicopter via Lucknow
- Holy Kailash Parikrama Tour
- KTM-Lhasa-Ali-Kailash Tour by Fly in Fly Out
- KTM-Lhasa-Ali-Kailash Tour by Fly in Drive Out
- Kailash Yatra by Overland
- Kailash Planing & Preparation
- Mt. Kailash Route Map1
- Mt. Kailash Route Map2
- Mt. Kailash Route Map3
- Nepal Hindu Circuit Package
- Muktinath Excursion Tour
- Muktinath by Helicopter
- Kathmandu Cultural Tour
- Muktinath-Pashupatinath Tour (Fixed weekly schedule)
- Damodar Kund Tour
- Kathmandu-Pokhara-Muktinath-Chitwan Tour
- KTM/Pokhara/Chitwan Tour
- Kathmandu/Chitwan Tour
- Lumbini Tour Packages
- Honeymoon Tour Packages
- Nepal Volunteer Services
- Nepal Information
- Api Himal Peak
- Cholaste Peak
- Chulu West Peak
- Churen Himal Peak
- Gyajikhang Peak
- Himlung Peak
- Kang Guru Peak
- Kanjirowa Peak
- Kirantchuli Peak
- Kumbhakarna Peak
- Mera Peak
- Naya Kanga Peak
- Putha Himchuli Peak
- Ramdun-Go Peak
- Singu Chuli Peak
- Sitachuchura Peak
- Telicho Peak
- Thamserku Peak
- Tharpachuli Peak
- Tripura Himchuli Peak
- Twache - Amadablam Peak